Sunday 18 November 2012

Former Timaya lover and controversialNollywood actress, Empress Njamah hastaken to Facebook to pour out her emotionalfeelings especially regarding the negativepublicity about her in recent times.The sexy-eyed actress who made her entryinto Nigerua’s movie scene known asnollywood in in 1995 was reacting to some ofthe controversies trailing her acting careerrecently and concluded that she has beenwrongly judged over the years by her critics.According to her, “never judge a book by itscover; I am a typical example of that. Whenpeople who have read or heard a lot ofnegative reports about me meet me, they arealways shocked. Some will even render theirapology, telling me, ‘Empress, I am sorry, Ididn’t think you were this kind of warm’,” shewrote on her Facebook.She continued, “You see with the way peoplepainted at me especially the press, anyonewho has not met me before will think I am adevil. The function of the press in society is toinform, but its role in decadent society likeours is abused by misinforming the masses inorder to make money. If you believeeverything you see and hear in the news,then, you can as well believe Obama is agrandmother”“I do not see myself joining any clique. I donot see myself hanging out at the theatrewith others, discussing everything aboutnothing. If anybody needs me, if you have ajob for me, just call me.“Our society is full of hypocrisy. Apart fromthe fact that acting nude is alien to ourculture, there are so many things happeningin our society today which are not part of ourculture. The same people who would love tosee you look decent are the same people whowould go behind your back to criticise you.That’s our society for you. Yes, if my society isnot all that hypocritical, I will do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment